It’s no secret that everyone yearns for a soft & radiant skin that they can proudly flaunt.
While you may be sparing no effort to achieve the best results with your skincare regime, sometimes it’s best to let the beauty experts take care of you.
Unwanted hair on the face & body is a major cause of distress for males and females alike. Indeed, it can prove to be a recurring nightmare if not treated properly. It may be a concern of hygiene or aesthetics, but sometimes hair in undesired places can be embarrassing and bothersome. Until recently, the most popular ways to combat excessive hair growth involved foul-smelling hair removal creams, hot waxes, annoying epilators, or sharp razors. These methods did not offer a long-lasting result & caused a lot of discomfort in the form of nicks & cuts. But today, the technological progress in the beauty industry has paved the way for Laser Hair Reduction treatment, an easy & permanent remedy for unwanted hair.
What is Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser Hair Reduction is a medical procedure that curtails the growth of unwanted hair using a highly concentrated beam of light. This light is absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles where it converts to heat energy & destroys the hair. The laser hair reduction treatment can be used to reduce unwanted hair from any part of the body.
Laser Hair Reduction At Musk Clinic
At Musk Clinic, we use the ALMA SOPRANOICE PLATINUM laser, which is the gold standard in hair reduction lasers. This is a Triple Wavelength USFDA approved technology and is said to be the most advanced in hair reduction. It has been clinically proven to be safe and effective. A major reason which makes it one of the best options for hair reduction is that the laser light only affects actively growing hair. Since hair growth has different phases over time, laser hair reduction requires multiple treatments for desired results.
Let’s take a closer look at the treatment.
Before the procedure, our doctors will draw up a treatment plan for you based on a detailed analysis of your skin type and hair growth. Best results are achieved when the hair being treated is thick, dark, and coarse. Accordingly, you should avoid threading, plucking, or waxing of hair during entire treatment protocol . After checking the hair, it will be shaved before the procedure. And contrary to popular belief, this will not make your hair grow back thicker. The laser is designed for maximum patient comfort. It cools the skin before and during the treatment which further reduces any chance of pain or distress.
How Many Sessions Are Generally Required?
Laser Hair Reduction slows down the growing capacity of follicles that are in the growth phase of the cycle. Since some follicles may enter the growth phase after your treatment, multiples sessions are required for optimal results. It also depends on how large is the area to be treated and the number of hair follicles. Age, ethnicity, diet, medication, as well as the hormonal & metabolic levels of each individual also play a part in determining the number of sessions required.
“But what about the downtime of the treatment?”
The procedure doesn’t involve any downtime and you can resume normal activities immediately following your session. However, we do insist you follow the simple aftercare regime prescribed by our doctors to ensure maximum results and comfort.
Laser Hair Reduction v/s Traditional Methods
– Safe & Effective: The laser hair reduction treatment has a proven safety record & most patients start witnessing results in 3-7 sessions. Don’t let this treatment intimidate you just because it has the word ‘laser’ in it.
– Long-lasting Results: In contrast to shaving, waxing, or plucking, this treatment gives permanent results & saves a lot of your time in the long run.
– Fast & Convenient: Laser hair reduction is perhaps the fastest way to get rid of unwanted hair. While the larger areas such as the back & legs tend to take around an hour, the smaller areas such as upper lips take up only a few minutes.
– Suitable for All Skin Types: The treatment works well with all skin types. The laser is adjusted quite well with the color, thickness, and location of the hair being treated as well as the skin tone.
– No Ingrown Hair or Irritated & Infected Skin: As against the traditional methods, laser hair reduction serves as the ideal remedy for painful & unsightly ingrown hair. Also, it saves you from the irritable burns of razor or wax.
Additionally, the triple wavelength technology gently treats the hair without affecting the surrounding skin. Laser hair reduction is suitable for large & small areas including sensitive parts like the ears, nose, nipples as well as bikini area.
The Musk Clinic Advantage
At Musk clinic, our expert doctors constantly manage and moniter the entire Laser Hair Reduction procedure done by qualified technicians following strict guidelines and protocols to ensure you receive the best results in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Laser Hair Removal